In today’s fast paced world, it’s all about convenience. Technology in recent years has given us the ability to communicate and access information in ways most of us never thought possible. Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS has always been a leader in the insurance industry when it comes to innovative ideas and implementing new technologies to make life easier for their members. The introduction of the myBlue App in April of this year is no exception.
- Have you ever arrived at a doctor’s appointment and realized you have misplaced your insurance ID card? You now have a virtual ID card readily accessible on your smartphone.
- Has your physician ever prescribed a new medication for you and it wasn’t until you reached the pharmacy that you realized just how much this new medication would cost? Now find prescription drug information including copays and lower cost alternatives before you ever leave your doctor’s office.
- Have you ever been out of town when you or your child suddenly became injured or ill? Use your smartphone to search for network providers near you, map their location and call the facility with one touch call capability.
- Have you ever left an urgent care facility or an emergency room outside of normal pharmacy hours and wondered where you could have your prescription(s) filled? You can now use your smartphone to find network pharmacies in your area, including those open 24 hours a day seven days a week.
- Have you ever received a bill in the mail from a provider but you are not sure if the insurance company has processed the claim yet? You can view up to 15 months of claims as they are paid in real time.
Now there is no need to keep track of hard copy benefit booklets or provider directories. Nor must you hold on the phone an excessive amount of time waiting to speak to a customer service representative. With the myBlue app, you have all of this information and more right at your fingertips.
The myBlue App is available for download free of charge through the App Store or Google Play for all iPhone and Android devices. Feel free to contact me for assistance in downloading the myBlue App or with any other questions you may have regarding your benefits through Montgomery Enterprises, Inc.
One of the Internet’s strengths is its ability to help consumers find the right needle in a digital haystack of data. ~Jared Sandberg