Some of you may have seen this before as it has been around a long time. However, I thought it would serve as a reminder to all of us how important it is that that we strive to always do our best and give our best.
If 99.9% is good enough then….
- 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily
- 114,500 mismatched pairs of shoes will be shipped/year
- 18,322 pieces of mail will be mishandled/hour
- 2,000,000 documents will be lost by the IRS this year
- 2.5 million books will be shipped with the wrong covers
- Two planes landing at Chicago’s O’Hare airport will be unsafe every day
- 315 entries in Webster’s Dictionary will be misspelled
- 20,000 incorrect drug prescriptions will be written this year
- 880,000 credit cards in circulation will turn out to have incorrect cardholder information on their magnetic strips
- 103,260 income tax returns will be processed incorrectly during the year
- 5.5 million cases of soft drinks produced will be flat
- 291 pacemaker operations will be performed incorrectly
- 3056 copies of tomorrow’s Wall Street Journal will be missing one of the three sections