Every week I receive an email from a professional career website that I am a member of. This week’s email was 10 Ways To Be More Professional at Work. I thought I would share these ten ways with you and I hope they will influence you to be more professional at work.
1. Competence. You’re good at what you do – and you have the skills and knowledge that enable you to do your job well.
2. Reliability. People can depend on you to show up on time, submit your work when it’s supposed to be ready, etc.
3. Honesty. You tell the truth and are upfront about where things stand.
4. Integrity. You are known for your consistent principles.
5. Respect For Others. Treating all people as if they mattered is part of your approach.
6. Self-Upgrading. Rather than letting your skills or knowledge become outdated, you seek out ways of staying current.
7. Being Positive. No one likes a constant pessimist. Having an upbeat attitude and trying to be a problem-solver makes a big difference.
8. Supporting Others. You share the spotlight with colleagues, take time to show others how to do things properly, and lend an ear when necessary.
9. Staying Work-Focused. Not letting your private life needlessly have an impact on your job, and not spending time at work attending to personal matters.
10. Listening Carefully. People want to be heard, so you give people a chance to explain their ideas properly.
Have a great Friday!! And a safe and fun weekend!