A feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one’s own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated.
A couple of weeks ago I went to the Fayette office to do an audit and I was so impressed. I could tell that Christie and Susan try their best to make sure that all our values from our Vision and Values statements are met, and it definitely shows. But I also noticed that they had something that makes them extra special. Pride….they take such pride in their office, their work, their customers, and everything they do. These ladies and the pride they take in their work should inspire us all.
The only lifelong, reliable motivations are those that come from within, and one of the strongest of those is the joy and pride that grow from within, and one of the strongest of those is the joy and pride that grow from knowing that you’ve just done something as well as you can do it.-Lloyd Dobens
Keep up the great work Christie and Susan!
Have a great Tuesday! LaTessa
Have a great day! Meredith
I would like to say “Good Luck” to Robb LeBlanc and the gang at Choice Pawn on their grand opening today, but I know you all have put in the time and the effort it takes to be successful. Great job on putting together and mentoring a great team. I look forward to watching your hard work pay off.
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Diligence is the mother of good luck.
Inspiration is one thing and you can’t control it, but hard work is what keeps the ship moving. Good luck means, work hard. Keep up the good work.
She is finally here! Louis and Allie welcomed a healthy baby girl into the world yesterday evening. I was so excited to receive the news from Louis. I see one happy new daddy in this picture! Priceless! Congratulations Louis & Allie. You are going to be great parents.
We covered our company’s value “Superior” on our weekly conference call yesterday. I asked my team of managers in what ways they feel we, as a company, district, or individual store, are superior. Some of their answers were customer service, cleanliness, growth, and that we strive to be the very best we can be every day and give 100%. Here are some characteristics of Superior Business Leaders:
- They have a mission – A superior leader knows the purpose of the organization and why it exists. That purpose should be clear, descriptive and understandable. Each employee must be able to identify with the mission and strive to achieve it.
- They have a vision – Think things through to know where you want your business to go and how you want to get there. You should work with others to make sure that a vision is followed through and direct the actions as well as the resources toward making it a reality.
- They have a goal – Like the vision and mission, goals also need to be operational. It should be measurable and specific.
- They have a strong belief in themselves – Good leaders are always growing. They have a strong sense of confidence, assertive personality, and healthy opinion of themselves.
- They are competitive – They thrive on competition. Competing with other successful business leaders is the only way to reach their goals and live up to their self imposed high standards.
- They have their inner drive to succeed – They are driven to expand their business and to succeed. They are often ambitious and see the bigger picture.
- They search for new innovation and ideas – Superior business leaders are resourceful, innovative and creative. They have a passionate desire to improve and do things better.
Saturday marked the end to a very successful month for Montgomery Enterprises.
First, Money Matters finished last week with impressive numbers compared to budget. Overall, our revenues were well ahead of budget. Way to go!
Secondly, Approved Auto was successful in hitting monthly goals and actually sold a car on Saturday to put them at their sales goal for the month. Thanks for making it happen Approved Team!
Also, Zack and the guys at the shop did a great job this past weekend with the auction. The auction had a sales goal for the day and we ended up beating it by 15%. We were extremely pleased with the results of their hard work.
Finally, Saturday marked the first day Choice Pawn was open in the new building. Although we are still in transition from the old building we are on course to be ready for our grand opening this coming Friday. We expect to have a huge day Friday!
Let’s make June even more successful!!! — Luke
“The successful warrior is the average man, with laser like focus.” Bruce Lee
The Choice Pawn team has been hard at work in preparation for the Grand Re-opening of the Fulton location for Friday June 6. The soft opening will be tomorrow in order to take advantage of the auction crowd this weekend.
At Choice Pawn we have formed an absolutely dynamic team that we expect to do great things. The Choice Pawn experience will be like no other in the industry.
Good luck to the crew at Choice Pawn as they begin operations in the new location! — Luke
“Unity is strength. . . when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” Mattie Stepanek
Sit with children as they play and you will hear a joyful sound: the sound of laughter. Children can be counted on to make fun even out of unpleasant work. What do they know that we have forgotten? They know how to laugh. They know how to add a dimension of playfulness to boring chores. Make a mental survey of people that you find uplifting and fun to be around. What is the common denominator? They know how to laugh and how to have fun. Can laughing and having fun on the job make a difference in the way we do our jobs? Absolutely !
Dr. David Abramis at Cal State Long Beach has studied fun at work for years. He’s discovered that people who have fun on the job are more creative, more productive, better decision-makers, and get along better with co-workers. They also have fewer absentee, late, and sick days than people who aren’t having fun.
Did you know that …
1. The average pre-schooler laughs or smiles 400 times a day? Or that the number drops to only 15 times a day by the time people reach age 35?
2. People smile only 35 percent as much as they think they do?
3. Laughter releases endorphins, a chemical 10 times more powerful than the pain-relieving drug morphine, into the body with the same exhilarating effect as doing strenuous exercise?
4. Every time you have a good hearty laugh,you burn up 3 1/2 calories?
5. Laughing increases oxygen intake, thereby replenishing and invigorating cells? It also increases the pain threshold, boosts immunity, and relieves stress.
Six Reasons that fun can improve work quality and mental health:
1. Fun breaks up boredom and fatigue
2. Fun fulfills human social needs
3. Fun increases creativity and willingness to help
4. Fun fulfills the need for mastery and control
5. Fun improves communication
6. Fun breaks up conflict and tension
In a little over a week, we will be attending our company outing at Six Flags over Georgia. What a great way for everyone to come together, get to know each other a little better, and have lots of fun as a group!
The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. The moment it arises, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.” — Mark Twain
Have a great Thursday everyone! -LaTessa
Cayla Lee, the daughter of Candy who works in our Accounting department, graduated from Mooreville High School this past weekend. She is a very beautiful and talented young lady who has a very bright future ahead of her. Candy, I know you are so proud of her!! Congratulations Cayla!!!!!!!!!!